December 29, 2011

Christmas Spirit Recipe Set

2011 12 LRoberts 02 Christmas Spirit Recipe Binder
Much of the time, I begin a project with an eye toward the end result. I may have a plan in mind, but materials sometimes create a detour. Such was the case with this recipe album. As usual, my dollar store had several styles of photo albums to choose from, but I particularly liked this one, a ring binder with a linen-like cover. I decided to embrace the imperfections and see where they would lead. The result may not be what I first intended, but I love the effect. Another case in which experimentation was half the fun.
2011 12 LRoberts 01 Recipe Clipboard
After completing the recipe album, I decided that a mini clipboard would be a perfect match. You'll find directions for both of these projects on pages 88-89 of the December 2011 issue of Crafts 'n things. You'll need Ranger® Tim Holtz™ Distress Ink and the following Claudine Hellmuth products: Studio Creative Layers clear stamps; Studio Gesso; Studio Paints.