June 1, 2011

Exploring Image Transfers: Transparencies

In this third article in my series on image transfers, you'll find one of my all time favorite projects. I've admitted it before. I'm a dollar store junkie. When the canvas placemat found its way into my cart, I justified my "habit" with the knowledge that there are far worse addictions. Little did I dream that this purchase would become a treasured documentation of a vacation memory. With minimal sewing, a cute little tote was the result.

2011 06 LRoberts Exploring Image Transfers Transparency Totoe

Here's the same process applied to the fabric card front. Another great photo - another great memory. An added bonus is the simplicity of the supplies: Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi Medium Gloss and Extra Time Slow-Dry Medium.

2011 06 LRoberts Exploring Image Transfers Transparency Poppy Card

You'll find the details for this process and these projects on pages 88 - 89 of the June 2011 issue of Crafts 'n things.