June 17, 2012

Dad's Memory Box

2012 06 LRoberts Explosion Box 1 Closed
It was a challenge to keep this secret from my husband, but now that Father's Day has arrived I can share what I'd been working on when he wasn't looking. This diminutive cube is only 2 3/4" high but holds 20 photos of our daughters. Lots of memories for a proud father!
2012 06 LRoberts Explosion Box 2 Open
2012 06 LRoberts Explosion Box 3 Pockets and Tags
2012 06 LRoberts Explosion Box 4 Matted Pictures
The supplies I used were basics: cardstock, ribbon, Tim Holtz® Alterations Texture Fades™ Embossing Folders, and Tim Holtz™ Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I knew my husband would prefer a simple box, but this is definitely a project that you could embellish to your heart's content.

For details, see pages 48 - 49 of the June 2012 issue of Crafts 'n things.