June 22, 2008

Hotel Labels ATC Album

I like to make books but rarely use them. Generally for me, it's the process rather than the outcome, so this is a change: a project I'm really using. I've been looking forward to its publication in the August 2008 issue of Crafts 'n Things so that I could share detailed pictures.
1 Lynn Roberts Hotel ATC Album
With patterned paper as a foundation for the cover (Bo-Bunny Press Shabby Princess Collection,) take a closer look at this twist on a traditional book binding technique.
2 Lynn Roberts Hotel ATC Album Binding
The ATCs on the cover and inside used one stamp, the Tim Holtz Hotel Collage (Stampers Anonymous.) Of course, I used some of my favorite Ranger products: Adirondack® Color Wash™, Tim Holtz™ Distress Ink Pads, and Archival™ Ink. I used Melt Art™ Mold n' Pour™, my Melting Pot®, Melt Art™ UTEE Brightz™, and Perfect Pearls™ to create the fuchsia embellishment. I think this is the perfect touch.
3 Lynn Roberts Hotel ATC Album ATC 4 Lynn Roberts Hotel ATC Embellishment
Inside the book, you'll find a dozen ATCs made with the same stamp. (I find it a challenge to navigate the Stampers Anonymous catalog. Check out page 9 in the Winter 2008 Supplement 8.2 to see how versatile the image is.)
5 Lynn Roberts Hotel Stamp ATCs 1
6 Lynn Roberts Hotel Stamp ATCs 2
For detailed instructions, check out the August 2008 issue of Crafts 'n Things.