July 5, 2009

Altered Paper Mache Pair

I might as well admit it before someone asks.
No, the "Fairyland" box and the close-up of the lid are not the same. I thought it was packed carefully, but the elephant that must have stomped on the box crushed the wings on my precious fairy. I only redid the lid, and it turned out a little differently from, my original submission. To find pictures that match, you'll need to look in the August issue of Crafts 'n Things. Here's the original box.
2009 08 Lynn Roberts Mold n Pour fairyland box
Now for a closer view. Actually, I think that I like the new lid better than the first. (Next time that I go to the post office, I'll have to thank that elephant!) I never cease to be amazed at how simple charms and buttons can be used with Melt Art™ Mold-n-Pour® to form a mold for Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel™. I added highlights with Perfect Pearls™ and Stickles™ Glitter Glue.
2009 08 Lynn Roberts Mold n Pour fairland box top
My second altered paper Mache creation was this "Dragonfly Delight" box. Look closely and what appear to be openings in the metal lid are actually cut-outs lined with mesh wire. Coordinating colors of Tim Holtz™ Adirondack® Alcohol Inks, Adirondack® Acrylic Paint Dabbers, and Adirondack® Pigment Inks made this a quick and easy project to finish. If you're wondering about the texture on the sides of the box, that's one of my favorite stamps, the bark stamp from the Grunge Background set by I Brake for Stamps.
09 08 LRoberts Dragonfly Box
You can find complete directions for these projects on page 90 in the August issue of Crafts 'n Things.