December 19, 2009

ATCs - Beyond Trading: I Love Lucy

Welcome to my new column on pages 90-91 in the February 2010 issue of Crafts 'n Things: ATCs - Beyond Trading. If you've been looking for ways to showcase these miniature pieces of art, I hope that you will find inspiration here.
When I first saw the Lucy stamps from the Stampsmith, I knew that they would fit my dollar store frame. With glitz, glitter, swirls, and curls supplied by the Filigree Heart from the Artful Stamper, this will be the perfect gift for the one in my family who "Loves Lucy." See what you think.
2010 02 LRoberts I Love Lucy ATCs 1
Now, all that I needed was a matching card. The stamped image below will bring back memories of happy hours spent together watching I Love Lucy. The Glitter Mat Stack(DCVW) provides the perfect sparkle.
2010 LRoberts ATC Lucy Card
You probably won't be surprised to find that the keys to success for these projects are Ranger® products: Tim Holtz™ Distress Ink Pads, my favorite Archival™ Ink, Inkssentials™ Gloss Paper, and Ancient Golds™ embossing powder. Of course, as a Ranger Educator, I'm a little prejudiced!
The ideas are swirling around in my head for additional ways to display ATCs. The new year has yet to arrive and I can't wait to show you the April 2010 issue. Be sure to check back with me. I think you will find it "Eggs-actly" perfect.