April 18, 2011

ATCs - Beyond Trading: Vintage Fairy Images

I didn’t notice when I purchased the trim that one set of beads in the middle of the section was not firmly attached. When I took the beads out of the plastic bag, the droplet fell apart. Sometimes the unexpected enables the imagination to take a giant step, and the broken beads provided that inspiration. Until then, I hadn’t realized that one of the small turquoise beads was actually a heart. The largest bead, why that could be a lantern for a little boy in search of fairies. One bead left, and I knew I would find the perfect spot for it atop a vintage ornament featuring stamps from the Oxford Impressions Fairy Sweets plate.

2011 04 LRoberts ATCs Beyond Trading Believe Octagon Ornamental Box

The ornament box and the ATC below feature Archival™ Ink, Adirondack® Dye and Pigment inks, and lots of Tim Holtz™ products: Distress Ink Pads, Alcohol Inks, Alcohol Ink Metallic Mixatives, and Alcohol Blending Solution. The instructions may be found on pages 84 and 85 of the April 2011 issue of Crafts 'n things®.

2011 04 LRoberts ATCs Beyond Trading Sweet Fairy ATC