April 18, 2011

Exploring Image Transfers: Paint Glazes

There are times when I really wish that my photography skills were stronger, and this is one of them. The original butterfly photo was spectacular if I do say so myself, but my pictures of the butterfly card and the bird necklace don't begin to do the projects justice. Thank goodness the photographer at Crafts 'n things® doesn't share my limitations. You'll have to check out his much better pictures on pages 86 and 87 in the April 2011. First the butterfly card.

2011 04 LRoberts Exploring Image Transfers Paint Glazes Butterfly Card

The whimsical bird necklace uses the same technique, but what a different effect. Both projects use Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints and Gloss Multi Medium. While the butterfly was transferred to cardstock, the necklace is made with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Natural Sticky-Back Canvas. I rarely wear jewelry, but this will be an exception!


2011 04 LRoberts Exploring Image Transfers Paint Glazes Whimsical Bird Necklace for print