March 15, 2009

Fanciful Flight Birdhouse with Card Gift Set

I was excited when I discussed this project for the April 2009 issue of Crafts ‘n Things with Dawn Gehring, managing editor. With birdhouse in hand, I envisioned stamped panels in the window openings that would match a stamped card set. When Dawn asked if the cards would fit inside the birdhouse, I remembered there had been larger houses on the top shelf at my local Hobby Lobby. With a trip back to the store, the project took on a new dimension. After removing the rope from inside the birdhouse and gluing the roof pieces together, I found that the birdhouse was a perfect repository for a 4 1/4” x 5 1/2” card set.
Now the real fun began. The patterned paper that I used, Twelfth Night from the Poetry Range by Scrapperdashery, is by my friend Judi Hodgkin. I’ve enjoyed using her papers since we met at Ranger several years ago. The stamp set, the Bird’s Nest from Oxford Impressions, is by fellow Tennessee stamper, Suzanne Melvin. Suzanne continues to amaze and inspire me with the variety of her collections and the quality of her stamps.

Here’s a “bird’s eye view” of the birdhouse:
09 04 Lynn Roberts Fanciful Flight Birdhouse Closed View 3
09 04 Lynn Roberts Fanciful Flight Birdhouse Open View 1
09 04 Lynn Roberts Fanciful Flight Birdhouse Open View 2
Now, for the cards that were featured:
09 04 Lynn Roberts Fanciful Card 1 09 04 Lynn Roberts Fanciful Card 2
09 04 Lynn Roberts Fanciful Card 3 09 04 Lynn Roberts Fanciful Card 4
The birdhouse was painted with Adirondack® Acrylic Paint Dabbers. Images were stamped with Coffee Archival™ Ink and colored with Adirondack® Dye Ink Pads. For details, see pages 56 – 57 of the April 2009 issue of Crafts ‘n Things. For eight additional cards using the same supplies, see the previous post.