April 26, 2009

Fanciful Wings Project Set

I love a bargain and regularly shop the aisles of the local dollar store for crafting inspiration. When I found these glow in the dark butterflies, my mind began to race. These four projects, featured in the June 2009 issue of Crafts 'n Things, were the result.
I think that my favorite is this embossed card using Nick Bantock™ Dye Pads. I wish that you could see the beautiful sheen that the Perfect Pearls™ provide.
LRoberts Glo Butterflies Fanciful Wings Embossed Card

Here I’ve used Tim Holtz™ Adirondack® Color Wash™ for a really easy card. Such rich colors.
LRoberts Glo Butterflies Fluttering Flight Card 

With added color from Adirondack® Dye Ink Pads, Color Wash™ clean-up from the card above was the foundation for this journal. Below, you can see how I incorporated mulberry paper to finish the inside cover.
LRoberts Glo Butterflies Second Impressions Journal Cover LRoberts Glo Butterflies Second Impressions Journal Inside
I found one more use for Color Wash™ in this butterfly paper casting.
LRoberts Glo Butterflies Paper Casting Card 
Details for constructing these cards are on pages 98-99. With a little imagination, I’m sure you’ll think of other uses for this inexpensive find.