April 26, 2009

Rubber Stamper’s Studio: Deli Wrap Journals

Have you ever had the experience of trying to locate a supply and then forgetting why you wanted it in the first place? That was the case for me with deli wrap. I knew that I had to have some, and it took me months to locate a source. By the time that the deli wrap arrived, I was scratching my head to try to remember why I ordered it in the first place.
I now know why I started the search, but in the meantime, I've enjoyed some fun experiments. I love the translucency of the deli wrap, and I was interested to see what kind of backgrounds I could create with it. The painted backgrounds (using Adirondack® Acrylic Paint Dabbers) for these journals are the result of one of my play days. These three found their way into the June 2009 issue of Crafts ‘n Things.
5LRoberts By the Sea Deli Paper Photostamp Journal

4LRoberts Afternoon Tea Deli Paper Photostamp Journal

3LRoberts Sands of Time Deli Paper Photostamp Journal
Here are two more.
2LRoberts Invincible Summer Deli Paper Photostamp Journal

6LRoberts Remember Home Deli Paper Photostamp Journal
If you are admiring the photo stamps, they are all plates from fellow Tennessee stamper, Suzanne Melvin, and her company, Oxford Impressions. (You may remember that I used Suzanne's Bird's Nest collection in creating the birdhouse and card gift set in the April issue.) The stamps for “By the Sea” and “Afternoon Tea” are from plates of the same name. The photo stamps for “Sands of Time” and the house in “Remember” are from the Family Album plate. “Invincible Summer” uses stamps from Season of Giving.
One thing that I like about these journals is that the pages can be replaced when filled by simply untying the binding and inserting new ones. If you’re really adventuresome, collect those filled pages and bind them together for a totally new book. For details of journal construction, see pages 94-95.