March 1, 2010

Is it spring yet?

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally, I'm ready for Ole Man Winter to move on. I was reminded that there is a life beyond ice and snow when my April issue of Crafts 'n Things arrived this week. Check out the cover.

2010.04 CNT
Spring is definitely blooming with all the pink flowers, but it is the chick that made me smile. I remember the anticipation as a little girl. I couldn't wait for the day when the Easter colored chicks would arrive at the local department store. (Obviously, that before we realized that dying chicks in seasonal colors was less than humane!) The table top was at eye level, and I knew that the best place to watch was near the heat lamp. My parents understood that these little fluff balls were not an appropriate pet for my stubby little fingers, but that never dampened my interest.
If you're suffering from the winter doldrums, you'll find much more in this issue than seasonal chicks and rabbits. But I must admit, I find the familiar satisfying. (It may be hard for me to resist the table runner, placemat, and napkin rings that Melony Bradley created to match the sweet little chick bucket.) Anyway you look at it, I am reminded of the promise that winter will come to an end!