March 1, 2010

Memories of Roses

Wedding plans were already underway at my house, so I knew that I couldn't resist this "Happy Couple" by Judikins, You'll find two very different looks using this stamp in the April 2010 issue of Crafts 'n Things. Can you tell what product these two projects have in common?
2010 04 LRoberts Walk with Me Card 2010 04 LRoberts Memories of Roses Box 1
If you guessed Tim Holtz™ Adirondack® Alcohol Inks, you're right. The metallic finish of the Silver Fanfare die cut paper (Creative Imaginations) on the card front provided a great surface for the alcohol ink and for embossing with Adirondack® Pigment Ink and black Super Fine Detail™ Powder. I love the way the pattern of the paper is visible in the unembossed areas.
The keepsake box is made using ArtEmboss Aluminum by Amaco, but you'll have to check pages 38 - 39 for details on the tools I used (as well as a much better picture!) When you do, you'll be in for a surprise, and I think you'll want to give this a try too!