March 1, 2010

Classically Alice Ensemble

When Suzanne Melvin of Oxford Impressions first clued me in that Disney's Alice in Wonderland would be released this month, I had a perfect excuse. Now, I had seen stamps before based on the illustrations by Sir John Tenniel from my childhood edition of the book, but I'd always resisted. That is until I saw the three new sets Suzanne recently released: Classic Alice (the one I've used here,) Illustrated Alice, and Wonderland. Projects for the April 2010 issue of Crafts 'n Things provided the perfect excuse for me to add these stamps to my collection. See what you think.
First, a spiral notebook: black and white with an accent of red. An easy look to accomplish with Archival™ Ink, Adirondack® Dye Ink, and Inkssentials™ Glossy Accents™. When the self-adhesive crystals (Prima Marketing ®) were not the color I wanted, that too was a quick change with Tim Holtz™ Adirondack® Alcohol Inks.
2010 04 LRoberts Classically Alice Fair Warning Notebook
Next, an Alice pendant. Same basic supplies but a totally different look.
2010 04 LRoberts Classically Alice Pendant
Finally, a card. Alice with an attitude. Could that be caused by the Stickles™ Glitter Glue crown?
2010 04 LRoberts Classically Alice What Were You Thinking Card
Fun stamps and fun projects. For additional details, see pages 48-49 of the April 2010 issue of Crafts 'n Things.