May 8, 2010

Better Backgrounds: Metal Effects

It may not seem romantic to some, but when my husband asks if I would like to accompany him to the home improvement store, I typically jump at the opportunity. It's bigger than any craft store I've ever seen and what an abundance of product. There's just something special about transforming a material that would typically be attached to your house into a lovely piece of art.
Two such examples of one of my latest hardware store projects may be found on page 58 of the June 2010 issue of Crafts 'n Things. As would be expected, metal and Tim Holtz™ Adirondack® Alcohol Inks provide a winning combination. Here is a close-up of the first card. Any ideas as to where you might find this metal?
2010 06 LRoberts Better Backgrounds Color Collision Card
The second card features an Oxford Impressions image and sentiment from the My Story plate. A change in ink colors and what a different impression.
2010 06 LRoberts Better Backgrounds Father Believe in Your Deams Card
In contrast to the metals of my imagination, here's a background with a more traditional metal finish. This "gold" has the potential to provide a base for a fine art piece.
2010 06 LRoberts Better Backgrounds Copper Accents Card
Need more metal inspiration? Check out my "Memories of Roses" in the April 2010 issue of Crafts 'n Things.