March 29, 2008

Scrapperdashery Color

Yesterday, my work had a vintage feel - so easy to accomplish with Scapperdashery papers. Today, I want to show how those same papers can be used for updated playful projects.
I love this little "purse" notebook, a dollar store find. Simply ink the edges of the patterned paper with your favorite Ranger Distress Ink, and your background is complete. I added black ribbon to the "handle" for a little punch. The flower and dragonfy images were made by stamping Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink on shrink plastic with a light application of Perfect Pearls for a punch of color. Done!


Here's another project where I stamped directly on Scrapperdashery patterned paper. I added black ric rac and the letters and arrow (QuicKutz) to this fun Paula Best image, and my project was complete. Now, just because you have a cute little recipe tin, it doesn't mean that you have to cook!

The picture that I was working with was definitely lacking, so I decided to color the dress with Ranger's Distress Ink. I stenciled "BABY" onto the paper and added a few other finds from my scrap basket. I'm keeping this project in mind for the next time that I want to create a personalized baby gift.