March 31, 2008

Thinking In & Out of the Box

It was hard to keep the secret. When I found out that my work was going to be on the cover of the May 2007 Rubber Stamper, I could hardly contain myself. I swore my husband to secrecy and counted the days until the magazine was out. Now that was exciting!

When I found the unpainted box at Hobby Lobby, I knew it would be the perfect home for four ATCs. I created the background paper for the “Imagine” image by collaging painted paper as described in the prior post. The rest was just pure stamping and embossing fun. Isn’t the Ranger Chinese Red Embossing Antiquities great against the black case!
The star net background is Cliff Floral by Stampington. All other images are by Paula Best: Imagine Dress, 2003 Cube Face Tags, Essential Words, and Alphabet Bricks.