April 12, 2008

Highlighting: June Crafts 'n Things

The mail carrier just delivered my subscription copy of the June 2008 issue of Crafts 'n Things. I must say that I was pretty excited. You see, several months ago, Managing Editor Dawn Gehring asked if I would consider being the "creative spirit" for this issue. This is the column in which they introduce "designers and other paper-industry personalities eager to share their insights into living creatively every day."(Can you hear that little voice saying, "Pinch me. This can't be true!") I provided answers to the questions that Dawn forwarded, but seeing this in print is pretty overwhelming. Here's the cover of the magazine, so you'll know what to look for on the magazine stand.


I hope that you will check out my projects in this issue too. First, on page 80, you'll find a card keeper made from manila envelops. It's one inky project! These are some of my favorite stamps, and I think that stamping with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and stippling with Ranger Adirondack Dye Ink Pads really shows them off.

You'll also find two cards on page 92 that I made using a faux encaustic technique. This is easily accomplished with Ranger Adirondack Color Wash, Ranger Clear Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder, the Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet, and your heat gun.

If you have not checked out Crafts 'n Things since Amos Craft Publishing acquired The Rubber Stamper, this would be a good time to do so. It appears to me that the magazine now contains just as many pages devoted to rubber stamping as were found in The Rubber Stamper plus other projects. (And I've been amazed at the number of ideas that I've found from what I would consider to be non-stamping projects.)

Crafts 'n Things is definitely an evolving magazine, and I've seen growth with each issue. I appreciated the fact that in the June issue the magazine decided to make the change to list stamp credits with projects in response to reader comments. I hope that those who are interested in insuring the availability of a magazine with a strong stamping interest will continue to send feedback and suggestions to Crafts 'n Things.

One last quote from the Creative Spirit article: Look for her (that would be me) "Hotel ATC Album" next (August) issue. I can't wait for you to see what I did with one stamp!