April 12, 2008

I Still Love Being Your Wife

In a few months, we will celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary. What more can I say? After all these years, I still love being your wife!



When I first met other scrapbookers, scrapbooking consisted of flat stickers, paper, and decorative scissors. This layout reminds me of some of my lumpy early attempts and the questioning looks I received when I shared my dimensional designs.

Here, I wanted the focus to be on the title rather than the pictures. Embossing with Ranger
Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder produced an interesting grunge effect – the result of printing on a laser transparency with an inkjet printer. (The inkjet printer ink sits on top of the laser transparency and seeped under the Distress Embossing Powder when heated.)

It’s difficult to see, but there is subtle tone on tone stamping on the base cardstock. Ranger Distress Ink highlights provide a vintage touch that compliments the patterned paper. As for the rest of the elements, silk flowers and a scrap of inexpensive polyester lace misted with diluted Ranger Adirondack Color Wash complete the pages.