April 12, 2008

An Album about Me!

I’m probably like many people who scrapbook. Looking back over my albums, you’ll find few layouts that include me. Normally, I avoid the camera, but something happened that made me want to change that. You can find the reason in the layout, “No Way.”

I posted the layouts in reverse order so that the description would read in order from top to bottom. As I said in the first post, “Reflections: I Am Blessed,” I don’t plan to provide detailed descriptions about the techniques or the layouts, just whatever touches my fancy at the moment.

I wanted to use an album that was 11” x 8 ½” so that limited my choices. I’m usually not concerned about how my pages coordinate with the color of the album itself, but I wanted something for the title page and last page that wouldn’t fight with the green album and red paisley highlights. Beyond that, when you look at the album pages together, the style and colors are a little schizophrenic!



Now about the title page . . . Have you ever received a gift where you were almost as excited about the wrappings as the gift itself? The “L” and key as well as the stitched black ribbon under them decorated a gift bag from my friend
Holle. I knew that they would find their way to a future project and this was it. I painted the “L” with Ranger Red Pepper Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber edged with Pitch Black Paint Dabber. I stamped the paisley haphazardly over the letter with Ranger Pearl Adirondack Metallics Acrylic Paint Dabber. The chipboard numbers and key were also highlighted with Paint Dabbers.

The hearts are freehand. I didn’t intend to include two shapes and sizes, but when the first one I cut was too large, I cut the center out. The solid shape heart seemed to need definition, so I stitched around the edge with black thread. (Having first learned to sew in what was then called home ec, I have to concentrate to sew randomly) “Me,” swirls, and arrows as well as all the die cuts in this album are by QuicKutz.