April 12, 2008

That’s What Teachers Do

When I started this album, I planned to do a layout that revolved around my teaching assignment. While I would rather not be in the spotlight, I hope that my daughters will look back in the future and see this as confirmation of the important part that teaching has played in my life.



I knew that I wanted the eye to be drawn across the page through journaling, but I also knew that I would have a difficult time in creating balanced text boxes. I experimented on the computer until I achieved the look that I wanted adding doodling around the printed text boxes and in “waves” across the page. Of course, after I covered the paper with
Ranger Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers, I had to go over the printed text and doodling again. I was pleased with the playful effect.